Sunday, May 18, 2008

Buona Sera from Italia...

It's just a couple of minutes before midnight and I'm wrapping up day 7 in Italy. It's taken me 7 days to start this blog because our nights usually end with molto vino (lots of wine!). Tonight, I've just finished an unbelievable homemade melanzane parmiagianno, molto vino, and a picollo glass of limoncello. And that's my disclaimer for any typos to follow :)

This amazing place (Italia) truly lives up to everything I've heard. I'm trying my best to learn the language and keep on the unbeaten path (as far as tourism goes). I don't know if my Italiano is getting better, but my-ah eenglesh is-ah starting to-ah sounda like-a this-ah! :) I already know that I'm learning lots more than a new lanuage - there's so much to take away from this experience.

I can't choose a favorite between the people, the food, or the unbelievable scenes - so I hope to fill each day with a little bit of each. My face hurts from smiling and my shutter finger is kinda tender as I type :)

On to the photos... these first few posts will be lengthy, so please scroll down and leave a me a little comment if you have time! Also, I'm new to the blogging world, and I was bummed that the photos are posting so small - but you can click on them to enlarge them! My goal is to keep up with my photos each night and blog a bit before I turn in. But, I have some catch-up to do tonight... I hope you enjoy! ~ Jenny

6 comments:

gina marie said...

I love the way you see the world. There is such a gentle spirit in your art. Thanks for starting this blog, I look forward to seeing more.

Love, Gina

Anonymous said...

Say a hello to a butch. he no lika no bonez. ciao.

Anonymous said...

Looks like you have had an amazing time in the first 7 days! Your pics sre amazing as well! I see a couple that I can vision hanging in my house! Job well done!

Love, T

Anonymous said...

Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful!
Thank you so much for sharing these pictures. I am sincerely in awe of your gift, Jenny.
Coleen Bever

Unknown said...

Hello my Jenny! I'm so glad you did this blog. I wasn't sure if you got my last comment so here is another! All I can say is WOW! I really wish you packed me in your bag! I can't wait to redecorate my house with all your photos! Love you and miss you! Glad you are smiling so much!

Kimmifer

Macie Days said...

I like you as a blogger Jenny! Please keep it up!